Job Title :Programme Officer
• In close consultation with relevant UNODC staff both at headquarters and in the field design, coordinate, implement, monitor and evaluate all assigned activities related to the prevention of drug use and the treatment of drug users to be conducted within the framework of the project “Support to ECOWAS Regional Action Plan on illicit drug trafficking, organized crime related to it and drug abuse in West Africa”;
• Provide support and advice to the ECOWAS Drug Unit with regard to project/programme development, monitoring and evaluation in the area of drug demand reduction technical assistance and service delivery. Provide substantive assistance also within the framework of the Drug Unit’s regular activities;
• Develop and maintain a substantive dialogue with and between national counterpart governments on project activities and expected outcomes;
• Prepare specialized materials, operational documents and technical publications to facilitate the implementation of parts of the project assigned;
• Lead and/or participate in assessment missions, including the provision of guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and drafting mission summaries;
• Organize and facilitate national and regional training workshops, study tours, etc.;
• Contribute to all substantive and financial reports linked to the implementation of the parts of the project assigned, in particular quarterly, semi-annual and annual project progress reports, annual financial reports, etc.
An advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in public health, social science or in another relevant discipline is required. A first-level university degree in similar fields in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.